Dear Ministry Partners,
It’s hard to believe that in just a few weeks, Chris Mikkelson Evangelistic Ministries will be one year old. This past year God has done incredible things and we have seen upwards of 7,900 people make documented decisions for Christ this year alone! While we rejoice over this number, we know that there are still literally billions of people who do not know Jesus. Jesus said in Matthew 9:37 “The harvest IS ripe…”. The harvest isn’t ripe at sometimes and not at other times, it is ripe RIGHT NOW. These are the days of harvest and Jesus’ words are still true to this day. Now is the time for souls to come into the Kingdom! Now is the time for the harvest to be reaped because it’s ripe right now!Leonard Ravenhill said this “The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized within the lifetime of the opportunity.” We believe that God has placed before us an open door like never before to go into some of the most remote places on the planet preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ in regions where there is less than 2% Christianity. Just last month we were part of a crusade and church plant in the Hill Country of Sri Lanka. The region we were in had no Christians at all and no churches for a 30 mile radius! This is what Jesus meant in Matthew 24:14 when He said “And this Gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come”. Many people talk about the end of the world, but there are still over 3 billion people on this planet who have not heard or who have extremely limited access to the Gospel.
Here are some sobering statistics (stats via Joshua Project):
- 69% of the world’s population is non-Christian
- There are 3,067,186,000 (41% of the world’s population) un-reached people in the world today
- 1,600,000,000 of these people live in South Asia
- South Asia including Pakistan has nearly four times as many un-reached people groups as any other region of the world
- Only 34% of the world’s population has internet access making it difficult to have access to information about the Gospel. In South Asia, internet access is only 27.1% and in Africa it’s only 15.6%
- Over 800,000,000 adults are considered illiterate which makes reading the Gospel nearly impossible
- Only 13.3% of all Muslims worldwide personally know a Christian
- Among Hindus and Buddhists worldwide, only 14.1% know a Christian
- Asia is the most isolated continent with only 13.3% of the more than 3.6 billion people claiming to know a Christian
- 86% of all Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists do not know a Christian
Friends, now is the time to preach the Gospel!In just a few weeks, my team will be headed to another region in South Asia for our last Gospel crusade of the year. We are believing this crusade to be the biggest one yet. While nothing is guaranteed as far as attendance, my crusade director is estimating around 15,000 people nightly to attend. We have also rented buses that will go to 60 different villages to bring people to the crusade. This is in an area of less than 2% Christianity, which means the vast majority in attendance will be people who do not know Jesus.
Will you stand with us in prayer? Please pray that the multitudes will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Please pray that the Gospel will go forth in clarity and power with signs and wonders confirming the word. Please pray for safety for our team and for every aspect of the remaining crusade planning to go smoothly. Thank you so much for standing with us! We are so amazed at what God has done so far this year and we are looking forward to the future to see the world won to Jesus. Together we can labor for Christ’s sake to reap the ripe harvest all around us. God bless you!
Also, check out our most recent video update and appeal BELOW for our upcoming Gospel crusade in South Asia on November 19, 20, 21 and 22!
Together in the harvest,
Evangelist Chris Mikkelson